Whether you are studying at Uni Of or Hallam, Sheffield is a great place to live your best student life! Here at CP, we love the city buzz of Sheffield, amazing restaurants, outrageous bars and also beautiful botanical gardens. Here is our Sheffield top 10!
Visit the quirky shops:
- Moonko: An independent, well-priced shop offering everything from homeware to fashion accessories! http://moonko.co.uk/
- WEARECOW: A unique outlet store stocking clothes for both men and women even with some vintage items too! https://www.wearecow.com/
- Vulgar: The name of this shop is definitely not a good representation of this amazing boutique! Filled with incredible bargains for vintage items! This shop is perfect to fill your summer wardrobe! https://www.vulgarsheffield.com/
Head to Peace Gardens:
Created for the ‘Heart Of The City’ project Peace Gardens is an inner city beauty. With 8 large water features and surrounded by atmospheric restaurants and coffee houses, peace gardens is the place to be when you are having some time off from trawling through uni work!
Grab a bite!
- OHM: Perfect if you want to treat yourself! Located on Fitzwilliam street, they have the BEST cocktail menu, you can even get one with candy floss! https://ohm-sheffield.com/
- Humpit: Quite literally what it says on the tin! Hum for Hummus and Pit for Pitta! Freshly made falafels and a range of options for vegans too! This is a perfect lunch spot! http://www.humpit-hummus.com/
- The Lucky Fox: If you are looking to brunch, the lucky fox is the place to go! Waffles, pancakes and french toast! http://www.theluckyfox.com/
Go for a drink.. or 5!
- The Devonshire: If you are a gin lover this bar is for you! With 69 different gins choices and an extensive cocktail menu – go check it out!
- The Original Bierkeller: A student haven where it’s completely acceptable to dance on tables with 2 beers in your hands!
- Bungalows and Bears: Good food, good drin, and good music!
Attend an Event:
There are a range of events held throughout the year in Sheffield some of our favourites are:
- Tramlines Festival 20th – 22nd July 2018 – a 3 day celebration hosted in Hillsborough Park. This years line up includes huge acts such as Jake Bugg and Craig David! Get your tickets: http://www.tramlines.org.uk/2018/
- Sheffield Gin Festival 8th- 10th September – for all gin lovers! A masterclass, a gin cocktail bar, live music and street food! Get your tickets:https://www.ginfestival.com/events/gin-festival-sheffield-2017
Spend all your money in Meadowhall:
- The eighth largest shopping center in the UK, Meadowhall houses over 280 stores and also has an amazing food hall offering all kind of cuisine from 5 guys to Wagamamas! It also super easy to get there by train!
Hop on (and off) the paternoster lift at the Arts Tower:
- Being one of the tallest University buildings in the UK, the Sheffield University building also houses one of the last paternoster lift! The lift has no door and is constantly moving, so you quite literally jump on and off it!
Explore the Botanical Gardens:
The 19-acre gardens are situation around 1 mile from the city center and are home to a stunning tea room, a glass pavilion, and colourful blossoms! This is the perfect place to visit in the spring and summer.
Have a picnic in the park:
Sheffield is home to 13 city parks, one of our favourites for a walk and a picnic is Norfolk Park. Neighbouring the park is Campbell Property’s stunning and boutique student homes, check them out!
Bored of the city? Head to the peak district:
You can travel via bus or car to the peak district and generally can be there in under half an hour! You can camp, cycle and horse ride around the peak district, so there is something for everyone! (although we do suggest you wait until summer if you are thinking of braving camping!)
Even if you are not a student in Sheffield you should still visit the wonders of Sheffield! Don’t forget to also enter our competition to win two FREE tickets for Leeds Festival, ending in June 2018! T & C’s apply.